Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Networking in Washington D.C.

This past weekend I traveled to Washington D.C. to discuss my campaign with several powerful national political groups. The feedback and support was tremendous. I introduced myself to key leaders representing groups such as military veterans, teachers and conservationists. Their response to my background, values and goals for South Georgia and America were phenomenal. In addition, I discussed policy proposals with the Democratic Leadership Council (DLC) and President Bruce Reed. The DLC is particularly excited about my legislative ideas to create jobs via the research and production of alternative energies. Lastly, I met with the staff at the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), who are being helpful to my campaign. The DCCC likes my work-experience, honesty and energy. They believe I can win the First Congressional District seat with proper financial and volunteer support from the community. I believe this too, and I will be working each day to earn the support of South Georgians.

No comments: