Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thank You To Our Brave Veterans

Freedom is not free. A price has been paid by countless Americans and their families to secure our country, Constitution and liberties -- as well as save Europe, defeat Communism and protect the globe from terrorist threats. Today I encourage everyone to thank America's veterans for their courageous service. Without these fine men and women, our world would certainly be a different place. I am a proud veteran. When elected to Congress, I pledge to stand up strong for the veterans of South Georgia and our nation. I will work to ensure all veterans get the benefits they were promised when they enlisted. I will also work to improve veterans benefits by legislating better access to healthcare, increased educational opportunites and more family-focused programs. On this Veterans Day, I say thank you to my military friends, family members and all the others who have served or are serving now.

No comments: