Monday, April 28, 2008

It's Official: Qualifying at the State Capitol

It's official! This morning at the State Capitol in Atlanta I filed my papers and paid the $4,956.00 fee to qualify for the First Congressional District Democratic Primary. Check out these pictures from the day. Thank you to all my friends and supporters for helping the campaign achieve this important and necessary goal. I wish I could have shared the moment with all of you. Qualification took place in the chambers of the House of Representatives (Democrats qualified in the House, while Republicans did so in the Senate). It was a thrilling moment. I am energized more than ever to lead the movement in South Georgia that wants a change in government. We deserve a Congressman and a government that puts people first. Let's make it happen! Click here to read the campaign's press release.

No comments: