Thursday, November 6, 2008

No Regrets!

Well folks, we tried. Lowndes County was close (45.4% to 54.6%; that poll didn't lie). Unfortunately, Bill lost every county (33.4% to 66.6%), except one:
Bill Gillespie, who challenged Kingston said, “We won Liberty County! That felt goo. Since I am a 3rd ID veteran and still work there. We had great support in Liberty.

“As for the First Congressional District, it was unfortunately, very similar again to 2006. We thought there would be more incumbent angst and Obama coat-tails, but no. The district wasn't ready for Obama. However, I want to make it clear that I was! I am very excited about our future.

As for my campaign, I have no regrets. I think we ran the best small campaign we could. The experiences, causes advanced and friends made were well worth it. We helped the Democratic Party in the district continue its positive growth. It is now time to come together as Americans to fix these tough obstacles.
Thanks to all of you who helped.

No comments: